Looking for something? Search my blog with Google

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Toys I wish I kept - Set 1

The hardest thing for any toy collector to do is to part with his / her toys. But sometimes for one reason or another it must be done and when it is, for some toys its heart wrenching, much like breaking up with a girlfriend.

So even if it pains me, here is a shrine to those heartbreaker toys and this will be a continuing thing on this blog.



Okay - first up is this 1:18 scale 1963 Ford Thunderbird by Anson. This was a beautiful model that was so attractive and was set up in a special place in my office for all of 6 months.

As shown in the photo the model has a lot of features like opening doors, hood and trunk. The color was gorgeous and the photos just dont do it justice.

An uncle of mine had a T-bird before and I remember seeing it in our house a long long time ago when it was not a classic yet heh heh.

If you like to read more about the T-bird, here's a link to a page on Wikipedia

The Muscle Car Club is also an excellent source of info and photos about the T-Bird and other muscle cars.




Might as well enjoy the pain of the loss and post my other heartbreak toy - here is a 1:18 scale Lamborghini Miura.

Sorry I don't remember the manufacturer anymore, its either Maisto or Bburago.
The Miura is a special car to me because it was one of my first cars..... ok ok Matchbox cars.

I desperately wanted to keep this one but fate is cruel and I had to part with this one as well.




The photo above serves to remind me why I loved this model so much ... so this car deserves it place in the Toywizards list of "toys I will buy back some day".

Ever reliable Wikipedia has a page on the Miura

Here you can read about the restoration of a Miura

No comments:

Post a Comment