Looking for something? Search my blog with Google

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

MERCEDES BENZ 600 BY AUTOART 1:43 SCALE



 Produced from 1964 to 1972, the Mercedes Benz 600 came in several versions with either short wheelbase or long wheelbase versions. Heads of State favored the long wheelbase versions in either the Pullman 4 door or 6 door limousine models.

 When I was a little boy, my grandfather had the 250S model which looked similar on the outside but was most certainly, not as luxurious as the 600. Despite this, I remember that the 250 was a really comfortable and powerful ride. To this day I regret not being able to save this car before it was sent off to the junkyard. I would have wanted to restore and keep it as a classic.

 This model by Autoart is a short wheelbase one and as such, is designed to be owner driven. What is nice about this model is the attention to detail that went into it including the color of the upholstery and the faces of the gauges.

I gather that this attention to detail is a result of the fact that Autoart has a presence in Germany and can be accessed via http://www.autoartmodels.de/

 

2 comments:

  1. This trully was an amazing luxury Mercedes-Benz! Love the 1:1 and also all the W100 models in different scales. AutoArt is top of the line for this model both in 1:43 and 1:18 scale - they are just amazing models with high build quality.

    Nice to read about your grandfathers Mercedes and your memories with that car. Too bad it wasn't saved - would be a really nice classic today - even more than that, It would have the biggest sentimental value of all. Must say, he sure did had a very good taste for cars ;)

    All the best to you and thank you for sharing,
    Rok
    Mercedes Benz Collection & Mercedes model range

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words Rok. We actually have one remaining MB in the family and this is the 180D from the 50s. However it is not mine to restore at the moment so in the meantime, I am planning to get my very own Mercedes, albeit one from the 90s maybe.

    I would have wanted to get an older one, but since I want to use the car on my out of town trips, I prefer to have a full complement of air bags given the rather haphazard driving conditions in my country.

    Before that time, if you don't mind, I would wish to seek your opinion on the model I would be getting.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete